“The Power Of Two” is a multimedia project centered around the documentary film of the same name that uses powerful, personal storytelling to engage communities in critical discussions and inspires action around organ donation and transplantation, and awareness of cystic fibrosis (CF) and other chronic illnesses.
The documentary is inspired by the life stories of the Stenzel Twins and their respective journeys through double lung transplantation, which have compelled them to move from patients to advocates for better access to health care, treatment and transplantation worldwide. As advocates, their efforts have been largely focused on the United States and Japan, their mother’s native country. However, their ongoing work and the call-to-action around the documentary is global in scope — emphasizing bicultural, bilingual literacy and cross cultural understanding of critical health issues.
In collaboration with community-minded companies, non-profit organizations, educational institutions, foundations and community leaders, “The Power Of Two” will:
- increase the number of life-saving organ donors worldwide;
- increase awareness of and support for treatment and possible cures of CF and other chronic illnesses;
- highlight organ transplant and CF concerns for patients in Japan;
- encourage support for patients and families in the CF and transplant communities;
- cast light on health care and access disparities, including racial and ethnic barriers to organ donation and transplant;
- support the work of “The Power Of Two’s” community partners.
- Screenings of “The Power Of Two” and special events in communities, educational and medical institutions, and conferences featuring Q&As with the Stenzel twins, the filmmaking team, local medical experts, and others.
- The Daily Gift iPad Application, the first iPad app focused on sharing organ donation and transplantation stories and inspiring people to become organ donors.
- Up-to-date resource materials about organ donation and transplantation, CF, and how people can make a difference in their own communities.
- Special events across the United States, targeted for April-May 2012 during National Donate Life and Cystic Fibrosis Awareness months.
Become a sponsor of the “The Power Of Two” Outreach and Engagement Campaign! “The Power Of Two” is interested in partnerships for screenings, events, and other high-profile, high-impact initiatives. Please click here to email us for more information.