Get the App
Get The Daily Gift iPad Application!
Developed as part of “The Power Of Two’s” Outreach and Engagement Campaign, The Daily Gift is the first iPad application focused on sharing organ donation and transplantation stories and inspiring people to become organ donors.
Alongside production of the film, “The Power Of Two” crew recorded VideoGrams — short testimonials reflecting on the power of organ donation and the miracle of breath — including over 100 stories from the transplant community at the 2010 National Kidney Foundation (NKF) U.S. Transplant Games. In celebration of National Donate Life Month, “The Daily Gift” features 30 VideoGrams, one premiering each day in April. The app will also provide interactive information about organ donation and transplantation, and empower users to register as organ donors.
Download The Daily Gift for free from Apple’s App Store accessible through iTunes — http://iTunes.com/apps/thedailygift
More about The Daily Gift:
• Features stories from 16 different organ transplant recipients. As several of them were transplanted with more than one organ, 22 total organs were received among the group: 5 kidneys, 4 hearts, 3 sets of lungs, 3 livers, 1 pancreas, and 6 other organs.
• The families of organ recipients are greatly impacted by their loved one’s second chance at life. 11 recipient family members share such stories.
• Eight separate donor families, made up of 11 total family members, share their experience with organ donation.
• Six living donors speak about their gift of life to another person. Three are living liver donations and four are living kidney donations — one man donated both!
• Five transplant professionals speak of their experiences volunteering or working in fields related to organ transplantation.
• Stories from 22 states across the nation.
“The Daily Gift” was conceived and created by Radtastical Inc., for whose initiative, creativity and commitment we at “The Power Of Two” will be forever grateful.
In addition, “The Daily Gift” would not be possible without the generous support of “The Power Of Two’s” VideoGrams sponsors at the 2010 NKF U.S. Transplant Games: